Top 10 Albums – Kissing Cousins
The latest artist in our Top 10 Albums of 2011 series is the all-female rock act Kissing Cousins from the Silverlake area. Heather Bray Heywood was nice enough to give her favorite 10 albums of the last year and it’s PJ Harvey who comes out on top. Check out the complete list below.
Heather Bray Heywood’s (Kissing Cousins) Top 10 Albums of 2011:
1. PJ Harvey, Let England Shake - A whole new way of writing and playing for her, I am continually inspired.
2. Radiohead, King of Limbs – I never know what to expect, but I am always pleased.
3. Kurt Vile, Smoke Ring for My Halo - My favorite record of the year, somehow the songs have attached themselves to something sentimental.
4. Thurston Moore, Benediction - Beck’s finest work. A very intimate record.
5. Washed Out, Within and Without – This album is a grower and in constant rotation at my house.
6. Grooms, Prom – Straight outta Brooklyn, I want to see them live!!!!
7. Bon Iver, Bon Iver – You either love him or hate him, I definitely love him!
8. Vanaprasta, Healthy Geometry - I waited a while for this album, and it was worth the wait!!! Jam packed with soaring guitars and knock down vocals, this band will be on everyone’s radar.
9. Heywood, Skills for the Long Emergency – Release date is Dec. 13, but I have had the advantage of an advanced listening copy. The story is so vivid and bursting with emotion, it is a beautiful cinematic album.
10. California Condors, Calm Carnivore – The summertime feel good record. All four members sing and take the lead in songs. This record might be timeless.